Sex Matters! The SGWHC efforts are endorsed by the following prestigious medical, professional and governmental institutions and organizations who are themselves established leaders in sex and gender focused medical education and healthcare across the U.S. and abroad.
- Laura W Bush Institute for Women’s Health
- Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute
- Center for the Study of Sex Differences in Health, Aging and Disease at Georgetown University
- Drexel Women’s Health Education Program, A National Center for Excellence in Women’s Health;
Drexel Center for Women’s Health and the Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership (Drexel University College of Medicine)
- EU/US Gendered Innovations in Science, Health & Medicine, and Engineering at Stanford
- Gender and Health Collaborative Curriculum Project, Ontario, Canada
- Institute of Gender and Health/Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Institute for Women’s Health at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Indiana University National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health
- International Society for Gender Medicine
- Israeli Society for Gender Medicine
- Organization for the Study of Sex Differences
- Women’s Health Research Institute at Northwestern University
- University of California/San Francisco National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health
- Rhode Island Medical Women’s Association
And, please visit the Federal Offices of Women’s Health for information on governmental activities aimed to advance Sex and Gender in healthcare.
- Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institutes of Health Office of Women’s Health Research
- Food and Drug Administration Office of Women’s Health
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Office of Women’s Health
These institutions, organizations and federal agencies recognize that high quality medicine must account for sex and gender factors in the delivery of preventive, assessment, and management strategies for optimal clinical outcomes. In the long run, a more comprehensive understanding of distinct differences between women and men will lead to improved healthcare for all.
To see your institution or organization acknowledged for its support of the SGWHC mission, we encourage you inquire about joining these stellar collaborators. For information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org